Position Requirement: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Boulder, CO
OptiMindHealth (OMH) is a growing multistate mental health and wellness practice comprised of dedicated physicians, psychologists, clinical social workers, and advanced practice nurses. Our practice strives to improve access to holistic and cost-effective mental health care while supporting our clinical staff in all aspects of their work.
The Psychiatrist at OMH reports directly to the Medical Director and is responsible for providing psychotherapy and medication evaluation and management to a range of clients presenting with various behavioral health issues such as, mood disorders, anxiety disorders, personality disorders, substance misuse, and other psychiatric impairments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts therapy, medication assessments, and comprehensive intake evaluations for new and existing clients. Develops individual service plans based upon assessment data and provides therapeutic interventions as necessary including the provision of on-going medication management services.
- Provides consultation and health education support to patients and families, as well as other clinical care team members, as required.
- Maintains documentation of services including service plans, progress notes, medication informed consent, quarterly treatment plan reviews, and other required information in compliance with practice and third-party compliance standards.
- Receives general supervision from Medical Director consistent with applicable standards and scope of practice.
- Completes other duties as may be assigned by the Medical Director that are consistent with the responsibilities of the position.
Desirable candidates must possess extensive knowledge of: the etiology of a variety of mental illnesses, as well as developmental and substance misuse disorders and their treatment, by a variety of appropriate therapeutic interventions. These include psychopharmacology, medical evaluation, physical diseases and their treatment, community resource utilization and networking techniques, and understanding of psychiatric emergency management procedures. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform the job successfully, the individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotionally charged topics or situations.
- Client Service – Manages difficult or emotional client situations; responds promptly to client needs; solicits client feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethics; upholds organizational values.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works efficiently.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and is on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent by notifying Medical Director of need for coverage; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Licensure, Education and / or Experience:
Licensure in Colorado as a Psychiatrist with a minimum of two years’ experience working with persons who have various behavioral health issues such as, mood disorders, anxiety disorders, personality disorders, substance misuse, and other psychiatric impairments.
- Valid Colorado Driver’s License.
- Must possess current Colorado licensure as a Psychiatrist and be able to practice independently.
- Must be able to meet and maintain current OMH credentialing requirements.
- Board certification by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Certification as a buprenorphine prescriber
- Must be willing to provide telehealth services as needed.
- Willingness to work evening hours and weekends as needed is preferred.
The specific statements shown in each section of this Job Description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. The job’s responsibilities/tasks may be modified and/or expanded over time. OMH will inform the employee when changes in the respective job description are made.